 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 870
Re: Best-Lock Castles Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 14:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Eaton writes:
Well, I just got my first purchase of Best-Lock bricks in the mail
yesterday-- I had been searching for their castles in stores (where I had
seen other Best-Lock stock) to no avail, so I finally I just ordered them
online.

**snip of a nicely thorough review**

Ok, I think that's all I wanted to comment on. All in all, kinda cool... but
anyone who's really played with Lego will know the difference in a heartbeat.

  I've only bought the military sets, since they--along with construction
sets--are all I find on stores' shelves.  Your comments are generally
consistent with my observations, as well.  I haven't run into the "bleeding"
bricks, and the figures I've bought have removable helmets, sort of (the
heads are shaped like cups, so removing the headgear leaves a gaping hole
from the eyebrows up!)
  The best thing about Best-Lock, IMO, is the set design.  For being a
newish product, the designers have made great use of the unusual pieces and
odd connection points to yield some very cool models.
  Good review!

     Dave!