 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1387 (-20)
  How good does it have to be?

TLC has an exotic type of plastic I've never seen outside of Lego® products. I have to look at the studs on the Tyco® I have before I know what it is. I can compare certain Mega Blocks to some AMT Model kits I have. I've never felt a Best-Lock, but (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks RC set 9616

(...) ***snip of tech review*** (...) To be fair, though--the Battle Bloks are not at all representative of MegaBloks overall trend re: juniorization. One need only compare piece counts of a $20 MegaBloks set vs. a $20 LEGO set; MegaBloks typically (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool new clone mini-figs.

(...) ..snip... (...) ..snip... (...) ..snip... (...) I finally broke down and bought two of these Dragons War Chest's too. One silver and one gold. The figs were ok. I like the fact they are a little bigger than lego figs... I can see them as an (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Cool new clone mini-figs.

Hello, [rant warning] Well I finally found the new Dragons sets at my local target but the really interesting thing is the new Best-Lock fig packs. (I noticed Hop-Frog mentioned these already but said he did not get them yet.) Anyway I purchased 3 (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega Bloks RC set 9616

I recently purchased this set for the sole purpose of examining its R/C technology - I have an ongoing interest in the area of Lego R/C as some on lugnet may know. The R/C system itself is clunky. A large box holding batteries, receiver and motors - (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

I totally agree. I got just the one tin myself though. These Dragons are just not very "brick-like." I wanted to like them, but no -- blech! -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

(...) I picked up a couple tins of these Mega Bloks Dragons guys last night. I got six warriors, six shields, 16 funky weapons, and two little mini sets with about 20 grey 2x4 bricks and some specialty wall pieces, for about $10. Despite the above (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock still sucks

(...) Well, shut my mouth! Best-Lock is making a minifigure pack! I saw it at Target the other day. It had some camoflage, navy, and army minis and even included a brown-skinned fellow. The set also includes a pair of M-16 type rifles in silver. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

And you are responding to a thread that is about one years old, and doing so just to hurl criticism. What is that worse than? -- Richard (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

Ahh... How did a discussion on little plastic blocks, turn into a discussion of religion? Geez... You people are worse than Trekkies. (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Q2 Mega Bloks conference call (Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!!)

(...) Q2 conference call, 8/2/02. Search for documents on SEDAR ((URL) as they are a Toronto Stock Exchange company. Look for the 8/1/02 press release. It has the phone number to call. You might still be able to listen to the call replay. Since the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Q2 Mega Bloks conference call (Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!!)

(...) I don't know anything about specific trading figures, but I can say that Dragons have disappeared from the shelves far faster than any other MegaBloks or LEGO product in recent memory--including the 1st round of Star Wars stuff in my area (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Q2 Mega Bloks conference call (Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!!)

I don't see how this can be true... Everyone knows construction brick toys are a dying breed. You can't sell girls construction bricks and regular bricks just do not sell. Is there profit mainly in the Dragons (a toy I will be buying in zero (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Q2 Mega Bloks conference call (Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!!)

Mega Bloks had their 2nd quarter conference call the other day. As I expected, Vic Bertrand said Dragons (and Gyrofighters) were beyond expectations. The new TV ads go on Cartoon Network Aug 18 for 12 weeks. Otherwise the talk was pretty much by (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Old LEGO Clone bricks made by Nintendo

The 2x5 "peanuts" look exactly like the reissued NES controllers, looks like they reused a design. (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best Lock is stealing the Terminator!!!

(URL) Here: (URL) Park also: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WTB: Yellow Duplo Eggs and the Lego and Clone Stuff

Hey Y'all: The main thing I want right now are 3 of those yellow Duplo eggs of about two years ago. I am particularly concerned about the clarity and scratch free condition of the eggs, so if you have SUPER MINT ones to sell me I will go as high as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

(...) I bought the 2 medium sets (9981 "Battle Gate" and 9886 "Sorcerer's Lair") and the smaller one (9871 "Dragon Slayer") at a TRU here in Edmonton, on Monday. Used a pair of $5.00 off coupons on the medium ones. I didn't see the big set, but (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

Hi, I saw the Megabloks DRAGONS sets at TRU here in Canada this morning. Although, I am basically a LEGO train and town fan, my boys are Castle fans. I think Megabloks has a keeper here. The minifig figures look great and the pieces are very (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB updated their website (Destroyer?)

(...) Thanks Dave, you're a genius. Nice ship. Fabulous pieces. Minifig scale, the railing pieces will make terrific handrails on the outer hull of a space ship. I'll give it another few weeks. Don't be too surprised of I start sniffing around for a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact