 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1384
1383  |  1385
Subject:
Cool new clone mini-figs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:10:44 GMT

Hello,

[rant warning]

Well I finally found the new Dragons sets at my local target but the really
interesting thing is the new Best-Lock fig packs.  (I noticed Hop-Frog
mentioned these already but said he did not get them yet.)  Anyway I purchased
3 of the new Best-Lock "Soldiers" set and one of each color Mega Bloks Dragons
tins.  The Best-Lock "Soldiers" set was US$2.99 and the Mega Bloks Dragons tins
were US$4.99.  The "soldiers" set is a small box with camouflage printing and a
clear plastic front.  One can see 4 soldiers and 2 machine guns.  Upon closer
inspection one can see the machine guns are double stacked making a total of 4.
That is the only thing that came with them. Anyone that bought a Best-lock set
knows that the bricks suck but the figs are good. (only down side really is
that they have no 'holes' in the back of the legs to allow them to sit down)
Kind of the oppisite of Mega Bloks. (though the new Dragons fixed most of the
problems with Mega Bloks figs.)  Anyway I spent $9 for 12 Best-Lock figs with
guns and $10 for 6 Dragons figs with a bunch of extra weapons and parts.  I
really like the Dragons figs.  The castle wall pieces are unfortunate but kind
of expected. (heck lego has been using castle wall pieces for almost 20 years)
Now the cool thing about the wall pieces is that they are the same front and
back. I do not really care for 'walls' but that is definitely an improvement
over the Lego versions.  The multi-part single piece top just plain sucks.
What were they thinking? They could have made cool new texturized bricks and
slopes but instead...  The rounded 'stone' bricks are cool but with out other
sizes one is limited to very basic rectangular structures.  The land piece
is... well it is a land piece.  The best part is all the extra weapons though.
3 are a little loose in mini-fig hands but the rest are fine.

[end rant]

Overall;
I am glad Best-Lock finally decided to sell the only thing I was interested in
from them, the figs.
I really like the Dragons figs, but the buildins are a major let down when we
could have had a 'Probuilder' quality castle.
Both ways I will definitely be getting more of the figs packs though. The figs
are just cool.

-Mike Petrucelli