 Marketplace / Theory / 603
Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:49:22 GMT

Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote:
... a set that was purchased online for $19.00 with free delivery.  I guess it
all goes back to the information.  If Mike has this great auction format (as he
does) and it's not seen as much as it should, it is still better (straight up
for profit) to sell on e-bay.  My question was ... how much longer will that be
the case?  I'm hoping that more AFOLs will find Mike's and Derick's page and
will choose to bid there.  I know I have.

Until the word about Bricks gets out to the same extent that the word about e-
bay has, you can count on what my dad and I call "crazy bidders that come
through with the check."

Yeah, I doubt SC will ever compete with the sheer HUGE potential
buyers audience that eBay has.  I know BRICKS never will - if for
no other reason than it doesn't offer a lot of the features and I
just plain don't spend much time talking it up.

People make more money via eBay - can't argue with that.  I created
JABA for me because I wasn't interested in truly maximizing profit
if that meant forking over money to eBay all the time (although I am
tempted to sell some high dollar stuff there).  I created BRICKS for
everyone else because I figured some people would agree with me.

Maybe Yahoo is good enough though, and BRICKS is just kinda
redundant...

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/