 Marketplace / Theory / 683
Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:50:04 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message ...
I heard Yahoo! is now charging for auctions.  I haven't confirmed that
personally, yet, so take this message with a grain of salt

Yahoo is still free, unless you want to feature your auction.

In an interesting twist, they let you decide how much you are
willing to pay per day to feature an auction ($0.25 min per/day,
partial days are charged pro-rata.)  Featured auctions are
then listed in descending order based upon how much you
spent to feature the auction.

Also, you can wait until the last day or so, then pay to feature
the auction only for the time remaining in the auction, at whatever
rate you choose, so long as you meet the minimum.

Isn't capitalism great!

Will