 Marketplace / Theory / 604
Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:36:04 GMT

People make more money via eBay - can't argue with that.  I created
JABA for me because I wasn't interested in truly maximizing profit
if that meant forking over money to eBay all the time (although I am
tempted to sell some high dollar stuff there).  I created BRICKS for
everyone else because I figured some people would agree with me.

This is a good point. When I do deals with non-AFOLs I often hear, "I could get more
for this, but I'm glad it is going to somebody who will look after it like my kids
have".

There is no worse feeling than getting beat to a good set at a car boot (garage)
sale by a 6 year old who I _know_ will feed the Lego to his dog, chew all the
mini-fig heads, crack the base plates and mix what is left with his mageblock
collection. I suppose this is what some sellers want to avoid also.

Scott A