 Marketplace / Theory / 598
Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:41:13 GMT

Why, Mike Stanley's "BRICKS" and Derick Bulkley's "Serious Collector", of
course!  These places do auctions right, IMHO...

They do, but e-bay is right now at the point where the traffic for miniscule
pieces is what I consider pretty high.  Random people that are happy with e-bay
will log and and do a random search.  For example:

5 Windshields from 6441 went for over $31.00 and had 103 hits during 7 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=209522930

... a set that was purchased online for $19.00 with free delivery.  I guess it
all goes back to the information.  If Mike has this great auction format (as he
does) and it's not seen as much as it should, it is still better (straight up
for profit) to sell on e-bay.  My question was ... how much longer will that be
the case?  I'm hoping that more AFOLs will find Mike's and Derick's page and
will choose to bid there.  I know I have.

Until the word about Bricks gets out to the same extent that the word about e-
bay has, you can count on what my dad and I call "crazy bidders that come
through with the check."

-- pn