 Marketplace / Theory / 401
Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:06:55 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:
Here's my list of possible FAQ questions for this. Additions and
suggestions, please!

Wow.  This is a *GOOD* list!  I wish I could answer a few, but alas, my LEGO
market savvy stops at Wal-Mart's toy section.  :-P  I plead, nay I beg, let's
get answers for these questions!

Some thoughts, but no answers:

Where's the best place to buy Lego?

This has always been tricky to answer, because retail stores differ from
region to region, even season to season.  Perhaps a better question would use
the term "most reliable" rather than "best"...

How can I get lots of bricks of just one color?
How can I get lots of bricks of just one color and a specific size?
How can I get lots of plates of just one color?

These could probably be from an auction...unless service packs are better than
what I understand them to be.

Can I order bulk pieces from Lego?

This question brings to light the dynamic nature of the market.  Today, the
answer is "no", but may well be "yes" next year.

Does Lego sell spare parts?

Alternatively, does LEGO replace lost or broken parts?  (Related to last
question in list, I guess :-)

How can I get new sails for my pirate ship?

Alternatively, "How can I make new sails for my pirate ship?"

I can't get Mindstorms anywhere! How can I get it!

It might be mentioned here that Mindstorms are often available in some places
where regular LEGO are not; e.g. in Utah, the music-book-movie retailer Media
Play carries Mindstorms.  (Okay, that's a partial answer!  :-P)

What is Shop at Home S@H and how do I reach it/them?

Hmmm...  Does this belong in .market , .dear-lego , .general , or some other
place?  How much has the phone number changed in recent years, and should we
give pointers on how to find the number rather than the number itself?  Both,
probably...

I lost a part from an old set. How can I get it replaced?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Jeremy: "Hi, my name is Jeremy Sproat, and I'm a...Slashdot Lemming."
All:    "Hi, Jeremy."