 Marketplace / Theory / 356
Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 05:59:42 GMT

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote:
Larry wrote:

eBay (and contrary to rumor, I won't be wearing a "I love eBay" shirt
anytime soon) is actively discouraging such bots eBay? eBah is more >like it....

Actually I'm glad. One of my nightmares is a sniping 'bot which will
make it impossible for normal human beings ever to win an auction.
Sniping programs already exist though I don't know exactly what they do
or how.

Of course, eBay would probably *welcome* that kind of 'bot. Sigh.

They keep track of the bidding and then bid at the last possible
second.  One I saw even allowed you to specify the number of seconds
before the end that it would submit the bid.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/