 Marketplace / Theory / 400
Re: Yellow Castle: Reasonable price?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:57:48 GMT

Hi John, and welcome to Lugnet(tm)... you've come to the right place!

If you have those yellow slopes in quantity, put them up for auction in
market.auction... you'd be amazed at the feeding frenzy that will cause.
I know I'd bid 4 or 5 each and that is probably way lower than they'd go
for.

PS, I LOVE the idea of a quiz to administer to sellers to see how good
their lot is likely going to be... needs to be accurate but not
offputting. I lost a big deal because I grilled the seller a bit too
hard and then refused to send payment first (they noted me out of the
blue, my policy on unsolicited offers is not to pay first, regardless of
their references. Mine are unimpeachable, so I'll take the risk of
losing a deal or two.)...

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote:

   Alright I got a possible suggestion, save a few hundred bucks.  Buy the
important yellow slope bricks from me <g> at a greatly reduced price, download
the instructions, and then recreate the castle from the stock pile of parts you
already have.  There aren't that many unique pieces in this set.  As far as the
knights go, buy some in an auction or use some of the new style.

   (Slightly off topic) I finally  got a BSB in excellent shape w/ half a dozen
smaller sets for $151 on e-bay...