 Marketplace / Theory / 341
  "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

I have been thinking for a while of writing a FAQ on "how to buy Lego" which I could link to from my eBay and other auctions. This would include things like S@H, Ets Dya and Busy Bee, reading RTL and Lugnet, how to tell a good deal when you see one (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

Great idea, I would link to it in my listings for sure.... unless that caused cancels, which it might. Fibblesnork resources are a good place to start for some of the content. People could post auction sites and info if after you posted a draft you (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) I think it depends how we do it. If it's another link at the bottom of the listing along with the usual 'email me, check out my website, check my other listings" links like I have on all my auctions, without a lot of song and dance, people who (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) OK, more specifically then, check out the fibblesnork auction guide which is linked from my site, somewhere, as well as from lugnet. It does NOT list all sites but is a good resource to a number of the more established ones, as well as (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) Actually I'm glad. One of my nightmares is a sniping 'bot which will make it impossible for normal human beings ever to win an auction. Sniping programs already exist though I don't know exactly what they do or how. Of course, eBay would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) They keep track of the bidding and then bid at the last possible second. One I saw even allowed you to specify the number of seconds before the end that it would submit the bid. (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) eBay seems not to discourage THOSE because they only work at the eBay site. What eBay does NOT want are the crawlerbots that collate listings from eBay and other sites. They haven't internalised that if the crawlerbot shows they have most of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

Here's my list of possible FAQ questions for this. Additions and suggestions, please! ---...--- Where's the best place to buy Lego? How can I get lots of bricks of just one color? How can I get lots of bricks of just one color and a specific size? (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) Additions and (...) specific size? (...) more? (...) Cross tracks? (...) grey/tan/orange/light (...) minifig? (...) red! (...) sell at legoland? (...) get more track? (...) track? Can I run my (...) replaced? Sorry everyone about messing up my (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) Wow. This is a *GOOD* list! I wish I could answer a few, but alas, my LEGO market savvy stops at Wal-Mart's toy section. :-P I plead, nay I beg, let's get answers for these questions! Some thoughts, but no answers: (...) This has always been (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

I just noticed this huge thread, and only reading the first line by Kevin, I want to say, "Look at my trade page!" I have linked to just about every site I could think of that is a good site to find Legos. Look at it (see sig), LMK what you think. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

(...) Took a look John, you've done a nice job! However, the list of auctions is a long way down the page - many people never do go right down a page and so would never see what you've got there. I envisage something that will be a single-purpose (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

Here's a first draft of the first few questions - comments please! Buying Lego FAQ Before reading the individual questions and answers, there are four resources you should know about which may well, between them, give you the answer to these and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)