 Marketplace / Theory / 2559
2558  |  2560
Subject:
Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:14:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It has been a while since the bulk selection offered by Lego Shop@Home as
been expanded beyond a new release or two. (Where are the gray tiles!?)

And this got me thinking -

A. Did the arrival of BrickLink create a viable alternative to bulk sales
offered by Lego Direct?

B. Because we have 1,056 (1) sellers on BrickLink, is there any need for
bulk sales from Lego Direct?

C. Do you think BrickLink has had any influence on the decision making
process at Lego Direct regarding the bulk offerings?

D. Why do you purchase Lego elements through Shop@Home versus BrickLink? Or
BrickLink over Shop@Home?

Of course Lego Direct will never (2) match the selection at BrickLink. And
the pricing is often better through BrickLink.

Personally, I would rather purchase bulk bricks from Lego Direct. Why? I
can't put my finger on it.  Maybe it is just easier to pick up the phone and
say "Yes, I would like 5 10054's, 2 10053's and why not toss in two packs of
blue train windows...."

But I'm interested in discussion over the questions above.

Bryan

1) as of 9/10/03, 9:00 AM EST
2) never say never??