 Marketplace / Theory / 1775
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:02:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Will Hess writes:
snip most of the discussion

I'll say it again:  Post to .shopping if you can shop for others.  Post to
the appropriate local group if you cannot.

Will

As another consideration, .shopping is the proper newsgroup for FOTW messages.
If my local toy store has 20 copies of a great old set and I buy them all,
this would be the appropriate place to post that information.  If my local toy
store has 20 copies but I only buy 10, should the post move to a local
newsgroup?  I can picture FOTW messages that are phrased with enough ambiguity
to elicit both praise and purchase requests.

Regards,
Naji

<Naji crawls back into his corner.>