 Marketplace / Shopping / 5935
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:14:11 GMT

I am willing to post a "please no solicitation" note on future posts.

I was not only concerned about myself, but about other people (especially
new people) who might be put off by this, especially by some overly
agressive folks.  A lot of people are really scared to post in the first
place (I have some LEGO email buddies that "lurk" on LUGNET but are too
afraid to post!).  I think we should try to do everything we can to make it
pleasant.

The point that Eric raised about not forbidding solicitations is valid, but
I think that people who want to solicit should do it publically (perhaps on
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade or as a reply to a post here) and it should be
addressed to "anyone who might be interested."

That way, the person making the original post wont feel like they "must"
render this service.

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I've been hit a few times with people wanting me to pick up sets for deals • I
found specific to my geographic location.

I really prefer not to get such emails and do not wish to do this, even • for
a significant finders fee.  In a few situations, I've agreed if I knew the
person and felt comfortable.

In other cases, I said no.  One person (who's name escapes me) was very • rude
and insistent when I told them no.  They hounded me with email for days.
Finally, they gave up, but this was very annoying for me.

So, please don't solicit people to pick up sets for you unless they say • that
they are willing to pick up sets (in the post).  If you want such sets, • then
why not re-post to lugnet.market.shopping or lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade?
This is apt to attract the attention of someone that does not mind • rendering
this service.

The fact that I get these sorts of solicitations really make me not want • to
post information to this group.

So, please be considerate so as not to discourage the valuable information
we all get from this group!

Brad