 Marketplace / Shopping / 5959
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:17:59 GMT

Will Hess wrote:

I once posted to .loc.us.ma.bos about a huge stash of old sets just-then
discovered at a local newsstand store in town.  It was very difficult for
me to admit that I was unwilling/unable to go back and pick anything up • for
anyone.  I didn't have to say that, but I figured I might get swamped with
requests if I didn't, because some of these were sets from the early 90's.
Fortunately, the store took orders over the phone and was happy to ship.
I just didn't have the time to be an intermediary.  Still, even with that
excuse, I felt guilty.

This supports my argument that such posts belong in the local groups.  Your
post was directed to the few members of the Lugnet community who were best
able to take advantage of the find.  Posting this to .shopping would have
been dissappointing to the majority of readers.

I don't know, I think that particular find should have been posted to .shopping
- they could take phone orders and ship, so ANYONE (OK, maybe just "anyone in
the US", if they wouldn't have shipped overseas) could have gotten the sets.

I guess we need a .shopping.us and .shopping.overseas ;-)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/