 Marketplace / Shopping / 5963
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Will Hess writes:

For what it's worth I agree with you.  If you're only posting for
informational purposes ("this is where they are...pick them up if you can")
I feel that would best be done in the local groups, as this kind of
information is worthless to anyone that is not close enough to take
advantage of it.

Just my .02 worth,
Will

I think just the opposite.  The posts for informational purposes are the
ones with the most general interest for people keeping a pulse on the market
and wanting to shop most effectively.

If someone mentions discounted SW combo sets at Target then I will check for
such things at my local Target rather than going to a Walmart next trip.

If all the early 2001 finds are at TRU stores then that's the first place
I'm going to be looking.

To make an informational post of specific local value the poster would have
to include detail like the Greatland Walmart or the 3300 Lake St. Target.
People rarely get that specific when making a general announcement because
the information they wish to share isn't 'I can go here to get these for
you.'  They are sharing info about the LEGO shopping market in general - new
set are showing up, sales at this retail chain, whatever.

Maybe I'm an exception but I read these kinds of posts to know what is going
on, not just in the hope that one can point me to my local store or offer to
act as a shopping intermedary.

John