 Marketplace / Shopping / 5957
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:42:21 GMT

Will Hess wrote in message ...
.

For what it's worth I agree with you.  If you're only posting for
informational purposes ("this is where they are...pick them up if you can")
I feel that would best be done in the local groups, as this kind of
information is worthless to anyone that is not close enough to take
advantage of it.

I disagree. I live in Idaho and the Loc. group gets no traffic, for good
reasons, we are few and far between. There are many people that live in
places where there are not many LUGNETER's and the local groups are not
used.

I benefit greatly from people posting about finds. Just because they say
they find them at a specific store, as long as it involves a chain, I can
almost always find similar stuff here. I don't have time searching the
stores everyday and I rely upon people posting about finds in order for me
to get clearance, special sales etc.

I agree that the standard should be that unless someone says they will pick
up an item then assume they won't. I still believe that someone should post
under the post header or in BST asking for someone to pick up a set for
them. This way people have the option of responding or not. I for one DO
respond to these postings as long as they are reasonable. If someone wants 5
of the small shell sets, that is pretty easy to get. If they want 5 RIS on
clearance, well forget it. If someone gets greedy they I generally ignore
their email.  My responding to posts also depends upon how much time I have
and the availability of such sets.

Rose