 Marketplace / Shopping / 5937
Re: Please don't solicit people that report sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:44:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Brad Hamilton writes:
I looked at what Todd put on the shopping page.  I think it is reasonable.

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message

I would have to agree with you, for my two cents and being one of the newer
members.  Although, I have been guilty of direct e-Mail to a couple of posts,
mostly to gain more information on their location or the idea of sharing
'finds' locally.  However, based on the number of sales posts that occur, we
should not place the requirement on those that 'post the sale' to indicate "no
solicitations".  Rather, it should be placed on those 'that are willing to make
purchases for others' to specify this in their posting (I would also expect
these numbers to be fewer).

I also trust the premise of Forums for group communications.  And if someone
does not reply to a direct e-Mail, I assume they do not want direct contact and
respectfully will not "try again".  I can understand how someone can get caught
up in the frenzy of a sale, however, a little perspective and forethought will
hopefully curtail the 'aggressiveness'.

Dave
dwspeck@us.ibm.com
"All opinions expressed are my own."

P.S.  I thank all those that have posted recent sales (especially the e-Toys $2
bucket sale - which I will pickup from the post office tomorrow).  I'm greatful
to a friend for pointing me to this forum - even though the rest of my family
cannot understand the obsession.  Now if I could find a way to quit work and
still earn a paycheck so that I could find some time to actually build.