 Marketplace / Theory / 121
Re: Sets vs. Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:28:46 GMT

Bill Katz wrote:

John DiRienzo (jdiri14897@email.msn.com) wrote:
: >The /inv part of lugnet is very cool for verifying completeness. I need to
: >contribute as I get new sets.

:    I should do that, too.  Maybe I will send him ALL the Castle inventories,
: except for this blasted 1960 set.

Note that Margo Kubiak has already done that.  SHe has complete inventories
for castle and pirates, and has just done space.  Along with Tim Vattima's
town inventories, that covers a great percentage of the sets.  THe space
inventories are not yet published.

You'd do more help double checking Margo's work than starting your own format.
BTW, she (anotehr castle completist) hasn't heard of 1960 either.

One problem I see with some of the inventories out there is that part
numbers are not used when available. Also, there is not yet a good
standard set of part descriptions. The result is that it may not be easy
for someone who has a box of totally mixed Lego, and a list of probable
sets, to go through and be sure they have everything without using the
instructions and actually building the darn thing. I know that even
within the inventories I've been taking, I've not used the same
description every time.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com