 Marketplace / Theory / 1038
    Pure theory on castle auction ... —Pawel Nazarewicz
   I put up five castle (which is a hot item by itself on e-bay) figures for auction. Here is the link for reference: (URL) item has a wolfpack torso, a brown cowl, a skeleton, some body armor, a forestman torso, a pointed hat, a classic Vader black (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Kevin Wilson
     (...) Pawel, people may be adding it to their "watch" lists rather than bidding. Dunno. Kevin (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Todd Lehman
     (...) Pawel, The intention of creating .market.theory was not to have yet another forum for making auction flogs/plugs, but rather to have in-depth discussions and (even more so) meta-discussions about auctions and other marketplace stuff. --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Larry Pieniazek
      I think Pawel worded his post rather poorly. one could read it as he is plugging his auction here on .theory. But if one examines the listing, one discovers that he's plugging *Castle World* via an auction. Pawel, you need to be MUCH more careful in (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Pawel Nazarewicz
     (...) I wanted to have a discussion about my auction. How should I handle it next time? I thought that a link would only be a convinient thing to do. The "plug" that I was referring to was a plug for Castle World - THROUGH E-bay ... not a plug for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Frank Filz
      (...) One problem was that one had to read carefully to parse that you were not pluging your auction, but that the auction was pluging Castle World. Unless things change, it seems to be acceptable to reference an auction in another discussion, but (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.council)

         Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Steve Bliss
     (...) In your first post, you wrote: (...) Try changing "this is more of a plug than anything" to "the auction is more of a plug for Castle World than an attempt to make money by selling customized figures". That would help clarify what you were (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Kevin Wilson
     Pawel, after looking at the group of figs you have up there, it may be that although it's a great ad for Castle World, actual bidders may not be all that interested in your non-standard figs just because they are non-standard. I should think most (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Jeff Johnston
     (...) OK, just to go to the other part of this thread for a moment...I kinda thought this was plugging the auction, especially since it's still going on. Had the auction ended, I don't think there would have been any problem. Another idea would be (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Pure theory on castle auction ... —Shiri Dori
   Hi Pawel, I want to comment on your post for a few reasons. Other people already mentioned that this auction post is not in the right place, or is worded poorly. When I read this post I immediately understood what you were talking about, especially (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)