 Marketplace / Theory / 1038
1037  |  1039
Subject:
Pure theory on castle auction ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:16:13 GMT

I put up five castle (which is a hot item by itself on e-bay) figures for
auction.  Here is the link for reference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=265861777

The item has a wolfpack torso, a brown cowl, a skeleton, some body armor, a
forestman torso, a pointed hat, a classic Vader black helmet as well as a
Royal Knight's torso ...

The opening bid for it is $4.95 - which is right at $.99 per figure ...

I've had over 100 hits but no bids (which I don't mind ... as you can
probably tell, this is more of a plug than anything).  Any idea why there are no
bids on this?  If I just took a picture of it (no lengthy explanation,
etc...), would there be bids?

Again - if there are NO bids when the auction is over (which I don't see
happening) I will be happy to have gotten a $.50 ten day add for CW on e-bay

Thoughts?

-- pn

P.S. - on the other hand, the train had two bids in 10 minutes.  Different
approach though ...