 Marketplace / Theory / 1052
Re: Pure theory on castle auction ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.council
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Pawel,
The intention of creating .market.theory was not to have yet another forum
for making auction flogs/plugs, but rather to have in-depth discussions and
(even more so) meta-discussions about auctions and other marketplace stuff.

--Todd

I wanted to have a discussion about my auction.  How should I handle it next
time?  I thought that a link would only be a convinient thing to do.  The
"plug" that I was referring to was a plug for Castle World - THROUGH E-bay
... not a plug for my auction through lugnet.  I think Larry noted that in
his post.

One problem was that one had to read carefully to parse that you were not
pluging your auction, but that the auction was pluging Castle World.

Unless things change, it seems to be acceptable to reference an auction in
another discussion, but the post should be unabiguous as to what the purpose
of the post is (and that the purpose is discussion, not plugging the auction).

Should this be posted in lugnet.auction next time?  How shoudl my post have
been worded to avoid controversy and encourage feedback?  I wanted to
talk theory and opinion, so I figured this is the right place.

It may have been better to have posted in lugnet.market.auction, and once
discussion started, move it to lugnet.market.theory.

We're working on just what the rules should be and trying to come up with a
set of guidelines to make it easier for folks to know where they should post
auction related posts.

Followups to lugnet.admin.council

Frank