 Marketplace / Shopping / 809
  KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Woohoo! This ROCKS, thanks. I ordered 20 of the 6444s, and with free shipping and the $10 coupon, it came to $197.20. Looks like I'll be Ebaying off some parts once I split most of these up. The problem is, there are so many pieces I want to keep (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Tom, (...) Had my order for 20 rejected by KB... "quantity above limits." Figures. They finally sell something at a decent price, then don't want to let it go in any kind of volume. What's REALLY annoying is they didn't specify what an acceptable (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Gene, I bought 4 of those last night, plus a whole bunch o others for parts, and had no problems. They might be running out! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Scott, (...) and had (...) Placed my original order yesterday afternoon around 3:00 pm EST. Other items on the order remain, but the entire order for Outback Airstrip was wiped out. Couldn't they have just reduced the quantity to an acceptable (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) The order rejection I received said the quantity limit was 6. My order for 6 was accepted.It's still possible I'll get an email telling me they are out of stock. Here's what they say in the email confirmation I received: Your order has been (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

The website now says that the set is out of stock... Naji (...) let (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Oh well, I guess I missed out on getting a huge order. Did the 4 OA's for $31.44 and figured I would order 16 more with the 10% off coupon but never got around to it. Wonder if Lego Chess or Lego Loco are worth $15.xx, which seems to be what (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well, they had some great prices on decent older sets, and I took advantage of them. The UFO brand is one of the last good space sets, IMHO. Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

I ordered 10 more earlier this morning, and it went through, no email denying it so far. So maybe they were running low, and set an arbitrary upper limit on the # of sets someone can order. Either that, or their website doesn't hook in with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

That's my fault ;-) While I was ordering mine, I emailed Lugnet/RTLers I knew would be interested in the set, so odds are they ordered a bunch too. I sure hope my 2nd order went through. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Someone posted in RTL: You guys may be happy to know that 6444 is now listed as out of stock on the web page. However, if you call and talk to a sales rep, they can still find some at that price. Thank God for the old-fashioned alternative to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well, I got 4, so I don't feel too bad. Tom, however... :) J/K It is a nice set, a good deal, good parts! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) The set I found interesting is the Amazon Anchient Ruins (URL) Is that a new mini-fig? heehee John (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

oops ... looks like the line wrap broke the link... well try selecting all the text of it and check it out ... worth the trip I think : )) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Someone at TLG needs to wake up - this KB sale is proof of the power of AFOLs and the Internet - they went from unlimited # per order, to 6, to 2, in 2 days, because a few emails and newsgroup postings were exchanged. And, uh, TLG? The $300 on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well now its says that they limit you can get is 2. So they must have found more. I had to add a tub to get free shipping. Darn. :) Patricia Schempp (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

I just placed an order with KBKIDS. The salesperson told me that the web site is in fact -more- up-to-date with the inventory than the salespeople. They are, in fact, sold out of the "Lego System Outback Airstrip." However, they do have an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

soo.. ummm no one is interested in the new hasbro lego macro fig ? the link works now and is worth a laff anyway ... IMHO (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I ordered a few yesterday. I noticed the curious spelling also (on the order confirmation email). Gonna be really strange if the box actually has the odd spelling on it ;) Anyone know where they ship from ? Ray (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Just got my 20 yesterday. I think that's about the quickest I've ever got something I ordered by mail using something other than over night shipping. Of course they ship from Roanoke VA which is about a 3hr drive from Raleigh. What's funny is (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Since its the last day for the Flamingo world Coupon on KBKids ((URL) I decided to pick up a few sets. Had to do some dancing around thier system to get the best deals but i managed to get 5 outback airstrips (last in the stock acording to the site) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Bwwwaaaaahhhhh! :-( I saw the UPS truck go down my street as I waited for my kindergartner to arrive, "oh good" I thought "my 6444s are here". I go home and sure enough a package is waiting for me. I pick it up, "awful light, must be another box (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) You can always use it again - either under your name or under someone else's. (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I'll try it. KB has a Star Trek board, I put out a plea for help. I don't think it'll do any good, but it made me feel better for some reason. Julie (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I actually just ordered two of these for my wife. How much did they charge you for yours, and are you going to be able to return them for a full refund? Oh, and I found out that their system does do a little checking to see if you've used the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) any (...) They charged me for my Lego, not the dolls, or is it "collectible figures"? :-) The guy on the phone said to return them, they would pay for shipping. He says my order is in the warehouse and to give it another week for my package to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Yeah, I saw that on another site last night. Passed on it, though, because some people reported that the $20 code was actually out of a catalog intended only for Atlanta residents, and that some people (maybe not all) were being told that they (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I'm pretty confident mine was accepted no problem. Staples did call me, only because I gave them the wrong year exp. date on my cc. Doh! Julie (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) a (...) open (...) If it makes you feel any better, I can tell you what PROBABLY happened to your box, as it would be quite a common occurance, especially for anyone that ships in volume. I'd imagine that at the same time you opened your box (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Yeah, no doubt about it. At least that person will be able to get their dolls right away, since they are still in stock.(At this point, I can deal with not getting my Lego - barely ;-) it's the trouble of getting it all straight that I dread. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Should we mention that you must do it with your left hand? :O Steve (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)