 Marketplace / Shopping / 5764
  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

Well, It must be a mistake in thier database, cause it still shows up as $24.96 in the search results list when I search for "droid." I suppose we should have assumed mistake here. :) (When you go to order, it comes up as $54.83 as Todd says below.) (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit for $24.97

Someone posted earlier today that walmart.com has the driod developer kit for $24.97! THIS IS NOT A LIE IT IS TRUE. When you do a search it comes up for $24.97, but when you click to order it the price is $54.97. YOU MUST CALL THERE 800 NUMBER TO (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) the (...) assumed (...) Don't always give up. I had seen a price discrepancy on Wal-Mart.com previously and by calling their help line (1-800-966-6546, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week), I was able to order at the price I saw on the search panel. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit for $24.97

Thank you all! I called in an order for 4, no problems. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit for $24.97

(...) I wish I could say the same at this time. I'm still waiting for a call-back from "communications". They could not place the order while on the phone. They said they'll be there 'til Midnight Arkansas time - so I guess I can hang out longer. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

Yesterday at about 5:30PM EST I ordered 2 sets, online at $24.97. I had noticed the 24.97 price on the search engine about 3 days ago. At that time they rang up as 99.97 (ouch!) I just kept checking and they finally came up correctly priced in my (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

Incredible! Thanks to the original poster of this thread. I called Wally World yesterday after noticing the price discrepancy was still on their site. Not wanting to push my luck on the pricing error, I originally asked for two sets at the $24.97 (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

lol I had about the very same experience (maybe we got the same customer service rep:-) I also got 10, and would like to say kudos to Wal*mart for standing by their policy-- they even got a bookmark from me;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) I disagree... They might be trying hard to make you happy, but how many other customers have unwittingly lost $$$ because they didn't call in? The real fix is to modify the Web site -- besides, isn't that the point of e-commerce? Not having to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) If you're waiting for that, DON'T, because they told me the $24.97 is the WRONG price, $54.83 is the RIGHT price. Sooner or later, they'll correct the Search price, and you won't get any at $24.97. CALL NOW and order them. -- Tom Stangl (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) I don't think I can do that in good conscience knowing that I'm exploiting a mistake on their site. But thanks for the clarification -- at least I can stop checking every hour now. :) Chris (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) They *know* it is a mistake, but they are honoring the price anyway because they feel *they* have to in good conscience. Nobody is forcing them to honor that price-- certainly not me. I just thought I'd give it a whirl, and it worked. I never (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

Here it is nearly three days after the original post and Walmart still has the $24.97 price listed. I'm beginning to think Walmart doesn't mind at all blowing these droid sets out at that price. With all of us taking advantage of the deal, and in (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) Actually, it's been almost 6 days: the first word of this that I saw was on r.t.l., about Tuesday. (...) It's definitely been reported to them: since I happen to feel the same way about exploiting mistakes as Chris does, I called up and asked (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) I didn't mean to imply that anyone else was wrong. Especially in your case(s); you were genuinely confused about the price. But at this point I know what the price is supposed to be, so asking them to honor the mistake on the Web site seems (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) Strictly speaking, you don't know: see my earlier post on the subject. You might feel that the uncertainty still warrants waiting: I know that I'd wait, *if* I could be certain that they weren't going to be sold out before the "true price" is (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) Of course, if the webmaster has to actually *come in* to a physical location to carry out this fix, something else entirely is broken. :-) But I know what you mean Ran, and I agree. ++Lar (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit

(...) Hello all, hopefully some info here will help... Regarding the price problem, I was told by someone in their Communications department on Friday that they were trying to check with the "vendor". That could either be Lego or their supplier - (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)