 Marketplace / Shopping / 10211
Re: S@H screwed up my order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser writes:
YOU KNOW WHAT. WHO CARES LEGO CHANGES THEIR PARTGS FROM TIME TO TIME. I AM
NOT GOING TO STOP BUYING LEGO BRICKS AND TO THINK THAT LEGO OWES YOU A CALL.
COME ON YOU CALL YOURSELF A TRUE LEGO BUILDER DEAL WITH IT.

Well, that's perhaps not the most helpful/caring/sensitive thing to post,
although it's certainly one viewpoint. Thanks for sharing, Larry, but in
future if you could consider not using all caps many of your readers would
appreciate it.

A lot of catalog companies put in a disclaimer "we reserve the right to
substitute equivalent or better merchandise if necessary" or something to
that effect. I just did a *very quick* check of a S@H catalog and did not
see such a disclaimer. That doesn't mean it's not there somewhere though.
Has anyone seen it?

Absent that disclaimer they do not have the right to substitute, in my view.

Therefore, I tend to agree with Gail that it's not proper to substitute
without notice. However I'm wondering if a call to consumer affairs wouldn't
be in order? Maybe Gail did that already, but it would be what I would do.
Point out the error, and ask that it be corrected at their expense.

Hope that helps. And I do agree with Larry at least in part, don't let this
sour you on the hobby.