 Marketplace / Shopping / 10210
Re: S@H screwed up my order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:33:08 GMT

YOU KNOW WHAT. WHO CARES LEGO CHANGES THEIR PARTGS FROM TIME TO TIME. I AM
NOT GOING TO STOP BUYING LEGO BRICKS AND TO THINK THAT LEGO OWES YOU A CALL.
COME ON YOU CALL YOURSELF A TRUE LEGO BUILDER DEAL WITH IT.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Gail Meagher writes:
venting follows:

I'm annoyed...I'm very annoyed.

Back in November when I saw that the road plates were being replaced
(something I had to see on the web site, no sign of it in the catalogue
they sent about that time), I mailed(1) in an order, including a bunch
of road plates.  I wouldn't even have ordered then except I got involved
in NovaLUG, and displayed LEGO trains in two train shows.

The parcel arrived today.  Instead of my nice roadplates I was
expecting, they sent me 14 pairs of the new ones.  I don't want them.  I
didn't order them.  They have both my email address and my phone
number.  They could have asked me if I wanted the replacement.  They
could have told me they were sold out.  Instead they ship me things I
don't want, and I have to pay to ship them back!  They even have some of
the road plates I wanted still in stock (t-plates), but still sent me
something I didn't order.

How am I supposed to tell people about LEGO trains, most of which can
only be ordered through S@H, and encourage them, when I know S@H treats
me like dirt.  I've been a loyal consumer of LEGO for almost 10 years
(as an adult).  I deserve better.

Gail Meagher

(1) As a Canadian, if I want to pay in Canadian dollars, I need to send
in a cheque, they only bill credit cards in US dollars, at whatever the
exchange rate is plus the cut the credit card companies take(2).

(2) An entirely different reason I'm annoyed with S@H since they closed
most of LEGO Canada.