 Marketplace / Shopping / 10228
Re: S@H screwed up my order...and hopefully sort of fixed it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:55:19 GMT

Bert Waters wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Gail Meagher writes:
venting follows:

I'm annoyed...I'm very annoyed.

Well, thanks for letting me vent.  I needed to do that before I calmed
down enough to phone LEGO.  I hope things are worked out.  They are
sending me the small part of the road plate order they still have
(t-road plates). I'm sending the road plates I don't want back, and they
claim they will refund my shipping costs (~$12).

I mainly thought that if they ask for my daytime phone number in case
there are problems with the order, they could use it.

Hi Gail,
<snip> I hope the brain trust at LEGO
will restock the roadplates they have offered for many years! I'll just
purchase the older roadplates on Bricklink if they don't.

I accept that they change the road plates every few years (gray/green,
7/8/9 studs wide).  I just don't like the new ones.  With the black
surface, they just don't match with anything else I have.

Perhaps, LEGO S@H just sold out of our roadplates. This doesn't mean they
are not restocking.

They are discontinued not just temporarily sold out.

Don't give up on LUGNET because of hostile responses. I'm a magnet for
hostility and I still post.

Thanks for the concern voiced.  (snicker)  If he-who-shall-not-be-named
messing up my one attempt at an auction (back in late 96) didn't drive
me away from the online LEGO community, not much will.  I've been around
long enough that I remember Todd's enthusiastic (and not quite g-rated)
descriptions of LEGO shopping trips :).

Gail Meagher

Bert Waters