 Marketplace / Shipping / 515
Re: International Shipping (was Re: auction help and 5986, Amazon Ancient Ruins)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:06:39 GMT

As a fellow UK user I can help you here

1. This is a payment slip in which a user has to pay Tax of the import of
this packet, If I am correct the rate taxable is beyond £20.00 UKP if its
selected as Gift. since you have declared it as Merchandise its Taxable to
the figure of $27.50. If it was selected as Gift the person receiving the
item wouldn't have to pay any Tax

2. A standard Sticker that the Post Office uses on the packets that are
held. What it means... The PO pays the Tax/Duty to customs and they collect
this fee with their Clearance fee on top from the person collecting the
packet ... hence the cost of £7.22.

3. Should the person is not at home the Post Office will leave a slip in the
door of the person who needs to collect it.. should he/she don't after 14
days the mail will be returned to the sender... i.e: you.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

But at the end of the day its all down to that little Green Form - Customs
Dec.

~~
Mike Edwards
~~
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=edwards-parts  ~ Edwards-Parts
http://www.kanohi-power.com ~ Kanohi-Power.com
~~

Could someone knowledgeable with the UK postal system have a look at this
package scan and diagnose the reason for the package return?:
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/package.jpg
I'm told that the package was addressed correctly.

What is the purpose/meaning of the 3 labels (marked 1, 2, 3) applied to • the
package?

One of the labels refers to this notice which was updated in March 2002:
http://www.hmce.gov.uk/forms/notices/143.htm#P79_5668

I wish the process was as easy as "writing a different address on the • parcel
and applying a customs sticker" but it clearly is not.

-Rob Doucette.