 Marketplace / Auctions / 9273
Re: auction help and 5986, Amazon Ancient Ruins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 00:28:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Huw Millington writes:

"George Haberberger" <George.Haberberger@usa.xerox.com> wrote in message
Hello,

I'm selling my first item on ebay, a 5986 I got a Target a few summers • back.
Oddly though, no one is interested in it, but the same thing from another
ebay seller is up to $56,

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&Sort
Property=MetaEndSort&ebaytag1code=0&query=5986

Does anyone have any ideas why, is it because my picture is poor, or my • ebay
ranking is low?

Well, it doesn't help that you won't ship abroad.

Double check me on this, but I think George does indeed offer to ship
internationally (worldwide).
His auction is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1735970617

It is the other fellow who will ship to US only.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1736162456

<rant not directed at George in particular>

I never understand what the big deal is over writing a different address on
the parcel and applying a customs sticker. Sure, the risk is slightly
higher, but in the 7 years I have been sending LEGO back and forth over the
Atlantic, nothing has ever got lost.

When I have asked sellers in the past they usually come up with some lame
excuse such as needing to walk to the PO rather than using their company's
mail room...

</rant>

Huw

Having enjoyed the benefits of being able to buy from ebay sellers overseas,
I can certainly understand your frustration at US sellers unwilling to put
forth a smidgen  of extra effort to make their items available to those not
in the US.  I do not think this is the case with George.  Although I have
not purchased Lego from him, I would guess that he is a good seller.  All
the ebay sellers that I have dealt with that really hung out here at Lugnet
have been excellent.  They know they product and have more than just an ebay
reputation to lose if all is not as advertised.  For these reasons whenever
possible I prefer to buy from a Lugnet ebay seller even for a bit higher
cost than any other type of ebay seller.

sheree rosenkrantz