 Marketplace / Shipping / *561 (-20)
  Shipping to Canada from the US

Some companies in the US do not ship to Canada. Does anyone know of a service that will accept shipments in the US and then forward them on to Canada? I have looked into Borderfree with Canada Post but they only deal with a small number of (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 10$ S&H ???

(...) I have to agree with Michael on this one. There are some e-bay retailers who don't have the time to pack their own boxes. They rely on 3rd party services to pack up their shipments to their customers. I guess I get the same feeling on Ebay (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 10$ S&H ???

Well my take on this was you thought the 'quote' was ok, before you knew the breakdown so forgot you found out and let it slide. You agreed that the shipping was ok and paid it so turning that into a negative feedback would be considered pretty (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 10$ S&H ???

(...) His letter said simply that shipping quote to Israel for Airmail Parcel Post is $42.40. I thought that this is the cost, and obviously if that's the case I wouldn't be able to get a much better deal as I think 93$ is a fair price for the set. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 10$ S&H ???

(...) My view goes something like this... International shipping involves more paperwork than inside the US shipping. You have to get it right or else the package might not arrive in a timely fashion (or might even get bounced back to the sender). (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 10$ S&H ???

"David Arnon" <david_arnonPlease@N...l.Spamcom> wrote in message news:HoKqp0.1H4t@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) money (...) the (...) my bad (...) Were the charges listed as Shipping and Handling or just Shipping? If it was stated as S&H, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  10$ S&H ???

Hi, I have a problem I was hoping to get some advice about: I recently bought <set:8455 Backhoe Loader> through eBay. (I live in Israel so I couldn't use lego direct) On the auction the seller requested that international bidders contact him before (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  2003 International Shipping cutoff dates from USPS

(URL) second chart is the cutoff dates for shipping parcels/letters from the USA to international destinations and to have them arrive by the holidays. Ray (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:H9Jy07.3u7@lugnet.com... (...) machines. (...) where (...) Packages are packed into bulk mail containers weighing up to 2000 pounds, so if you are unlucky, your package may end up (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

(...) others (...) just (...) I believe that anything under 1/4 inch is sent through the sorting machines. Regular envelopes with Lego in them would cause a problem for the machines becuase they are not uniform in thickness. The "bump" in the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

(...) I'm not sure what thickness they try and run through the automatic machines, but that's one place damage can occur. When I ship I try to: - bag everything - put a complete address label in every bag (so there has to be a double packaging (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

(...) I haven't had problems with padded envelopes or priority mail boxes yet, just regular envelopes. Some had added padding arround the items and others did not. I wonder if they treat padded envelopes differently than those just appearing to be a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

(...) I haven't had problems with receiving Lego items in envelopes - the few order's I've received have been in padded envelopes that didn't get (too) mangled by the USPS. I do remember one particularly horrible shipment I received in a Priority (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Lost parts during shipping

(...) Yes, one of the few losses in shipping was of this sort, though it was with a padded envelope. When shipping, I always make sure there's enough padding around the items to prevent this problem if it seems likely. Frank (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Lost parts during shipping

Hi, I have had several things that have been sent to me in regular envelopes, some of them lego, that have poked through the envelope or been mangled during transit. Have many of you experienced this problem? I'm wondering if it happens when regular (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Anyone know how speedy Pitsco Dacta is?

(...) Interesting. Of course I haven't been home today, so maybe it showed up while I've been here at work, but it's now been... 9 days since I ordered them (6 business days) and nothing yet... (11 days if you count the Saturday I ordered plus (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Re: Anyone know how speedy Pitsco Dacta is?

(...) Perhaps by a day or so, Pitsco is slightly slower than Shop At Home. My last order was about 9 months ago and I was happy with the shipping time as I have been with all previous orders. I have never placed huge or complicated orders, just (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Re: Anyone know how speedy Pitsco Dacta is?

(...) I've found that Pitsco is significanly slower than LEGO Direct. Most of the orders we place for the college end up taking twice as long as an order from LSAH. Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Information: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Anyone know how speedy Pitsco Dacta is?

Ordering from Shop @ Home is great. Especially living in Massachusetts. My world record for speed was actually (technically) the next day after I ordered it. However, I've never ordered from Pitsco Dacta before, until this past Saturday, when I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.lego.dacta)

  Weight of more than 600 elements for download

Hi All, In the last months I began to weigh parts when adding to my collection. I used a 0.1 gramms scale weighing as much elements as I found (at least 20) and divided. Results are about 1/100 gramm but I do not promise the last digit to be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact