 Marketplace / Shipping / 549
Re: Lost parts during shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:51:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, James Brink writes:
Hi,
I have had several things that have been sent to me in regular envelopes,
some of them lego, that have poked through the envelope or been mangled
during transit. Have many of you experienced this problem? I'm wondering if
it happens when regular letters with small things (like a LEGO element) are
sent through a sorting machine. I always use a padded envelope, but this
doesn't do me any good when recieving items. Any thoughts?

I haven't had problems with receiving Lego items in envelopes - the few
order's I've received have been in padded envelopes that didn't get (too)
mangled by the USPS.

I do remember one particularly horrible shipment I received in a Priority
Mail box though (the video tape sized one). The seller had thrown a bunch of
loose Lego pieces in the box with no padding at all.  The box was only
sealed with the pre-glued flap.  Somewhere along the way the box got
crushed, the corners flattened out and left enough space for about half of
the pieces to fall out.

At the time I wondered if where all of those scattered pieces ended up and
whether any USPS employees ever found them, wondered about them and possibly
even claimed them for their own (or took them home to their kids).  Most
likely they just ended up in a trash bin somewhere.

Every since then I always make sure anything I send out is bagged up, that
there is padding in the box and that the corners are securely taped.

Greg