 Marketplace / Shipping / 552
Re: Lost parts during shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:15:15 GMT

I haven't had problems with padded envelopes or priority mail boxes yet,
just regular envelopes. Some had added padding arround the items and • others
did not. I wonder if they treat padded envelopes differently than those • just
appearing to be a regular letter.

James

I believe that anything under 1/4 inch is sent through the sorting machines.
Regular envelopes with Lego in them would cause a problem for the machines
becuase they are not uniform in thickness.  The "bump" in the envelope where
the Lego is probably gets snagged going through the machine.

Personally, I never send anything in regular envelopes, it's just not worth
the risk.  Everything goes in padded envelopes or in priority mail boxes.
And everything inside is bagged in ziplock bags to prevent it from falling
out should there be damage to the packaging.

As to what you can do, be specific when you order that you do not want your
items sent in a regular envelope.  Specify a padded envelope for small
orders or a box for larger ones.  Just be prepared to pay a little more for
it.

Troy