 Marketplace / Shipping / 551
Re: Lost parts during shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:39:03 GMT

James Brink wrote:

I haven't had problems with receiving Lego items in envelopes - the few
order's I've received have been in padded envelopes that didn't get (too)
mangled by the USPS.

I haven't had problems with padded envelopes or priority mail boxes yet,
just regular envelopes. Some had added padding arround the items and others
did not. I wonder if they treat padded envelopes differently than those just
appearing to be a regular letter.

I'm not sure what thickness they try and run through the automatic
machines, but that's one place damage can occur.

When I ship I try to:

- bag everything
- put a complete address label in every bag (so there has to be a double
packaging failure for items to become completely undeliverable)
- put sufficient padding to prevent the package from being collapsed or
things sliding around
- I will sometimes use a rigid container inside a padded envelope
- make sure packaging is well sealed

I have also had boxes get severely damaged, fortunately in every case,
the parts were in bags inside.

Frank