 Marketplace / Services / 229
Re: PayPal Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:05:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Alan Demlow writes:
In addition to this, X.com now has a $100 average monthly minumum balance.
Violators will be charged a $12 (yes, that's correct) monthly account
maintenance fee.

Could someone clarify this point?  Where is this information located and to
which types of accounts does it apply?

I scanned the terms of service at x.com but didn't find this information, just
a fee schedule.

-- Richard

Below is the email I received from them.  Needless to say, I was very
disappointed with this, and if they don't change it, I will make sure to tell
many people to avoid them.  I will wait a few more days to see if they will
change it (not holding my breath, of course), and if not, will be closing my
account with them.

Todd, do you have an X account for LUGNET?  If so, perhaps I'll just transfer
my balance there as a donation.

--
  David Schilling

The email from Announcements@X.com:

Monday October 2, 2000

Dear X Finance Customer:

This email is to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions under
which First Western National Bank provides banking services through the X
Finance website.  These changes will take effect on November 1, 2000.

Monthly Account Fee
All accounts with an average monthly balance of less than $100 will be
assessed a $12 monthly maintenance fee.  The initial fee will be assessed
on November 1st and subsequently on the first business day of each month.

ATM Rebate
Third party ATM surcharges will be reimbursed only for accounts with an
average monthly balance of $100 or more.

Also, we reserve the right to close an account if you maintain a zero
balance.

Please review our revised Terms and Conditions at
https://signup.x.com/help_termsofuse.asp for more information.