 Marketplace / Services / 214
Re: PayPal Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 23:38:54 GMT

As soon as I got notification I canceled my account. $12 a month is
ridiculous, I hope I can still sign up for a paypal account, and not be
disqualified because I once had an x.com account.  I will use these services
as long as they remain free, any charge at all and I'm gone.

Scott

In lugnet.market.services, Alan Demlow writes:
In addition to this, X.com now has a $100 average monthly minumum balance.
Violators will be charged a $12 (yes, that's correct) monthly account
maintenance fee.  I'm guessing that in both cases (PayPal and X), people • simply
aren't keeping the amount of money in their accounts that they need to take
care of their overhead.  Looks like the free ride is over...

Alan