 Marketplace / Services / 227
Re: PayPal Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:22:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Frank Filz writes:

One problem they have for credit cards is that there isn't much competition in
the credit card world (or can a business pick a card servicing agent the same
way the consumer gets to pick the bank which handles their account?). I'd be
curious as to what the lowest rate is available for credit card processing.

Yes, merchants can choose a servicing agent or bank. There are lots out there.
Even Costco is getting into the act, contracting with a servicer to provide CC
service to executive memebers for 1.75% (or maybe less - I didn't notice).
Other than MegaStores, which have the volume to negotiate prices close to 0%,
this Costco program price is the best I've notice.

Of course, you have to become an executive member of Costco at $100 per
year....

Paul Sinasohn, who is only a gold star member....
LUGNET #115