 Marketplace / Services / 216
Re: PayPal Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 03:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Frank Filz writes:
The 1.9% rate is pretty reasonable (judging from the surcharge vendors
at computer shows charge for use of a credit card, one would suspect
that their rates are 3 [5% used to be common - it seems like their rates
are either dropping, or they're getting cracked down on for having a
surcharge higher than the rate they pay - of course they aren't supposed
to have a surcharge, but it isn't necessarily unreasonable to have a
surcharge, why should the business eat the cost?]).

I highly suspect that most surcharges hover around 2% - at least, that's what
I'm familiar with in the IT service industry.  Not sure if retail gets a
different rate.

James