 Marketplace / Services / 254
Re: PayPal Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:19:42 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.services, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Hrm...what is X.com then if X.com bought up PayPal?  X.com must be
something much more?  I don't have an X.com account -- only PayPal.

X.com and Paypal accounts were never merged.  Paypal turned into "X Paypal"
and X.com turned into "X Finance".  You can see the radio buttons on their
home page.

Ahh.  OK, strange.  Hmm.  So, X bought PayPal and renamed the service from
"PayPal" to "X PayPal" but the accounts for each are still incompatible?  Is
that right?  If you have an X account and no PayPal account, you can't send
money from X to PayPal and vice versa?  That seems bizarre.

--Todd

I agree, bizarre.
I don't remember seeing any email from them that told me how to
transfer from X.com to paypal.  I suppose one could transfer from Paypal
to X.com via wire transfer to bank, since "X finance" is a bank.

However, it is moot for me since I just closed my "X finance" account.
It only had $60 in it and I didn't want to lose $12 per month!

/Eric McC/