 Marketplace / Services / 228
Re: Checks strongly discouraged for Factoring for the next few weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:44:06 GMT

Who is Josette?? Can you get more training for her? or, as a last resort,
replace her with someone else?  :-)

(I think I know the answers already)

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes:
As with when I went to Zurich, processing factoring checks will be difficult
for me while I am in the UK which is carded to last 5-6 weeks.

So, as I did before, I am surcharging factoring checks with the "Josette
handling fee" on receipt, and the "foreign postage surcharge" on origination
but would rather just discourage them outright. I do have my checkbook with me
and can originate checks. I just don't want to.

Here is something I wrote about the last hiatus:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/services/?n=115

As it turned out Josette did process about 5 incoming checks while I was out
of the country, with an error rate in processing (some detail was omitted or I
wasn't notified that the check was deposited till I got back, or she didn't
read my emails querying her) of 60%, that's right, 3 out of 5 were screwed up
somehow.

++Lar