 Marketplace / Services / *220 (-20)
  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) One problem they have for credit cards is that there isn't much competition in the credit card world (or can a business pick a card servicing agent the same way the consumer gets to pick the bank which handles their account?). I'd be curious (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) simply (...) Yep. This fee, for those wondering where it is described, is buried in the "announcements" section after you log in to your account. It's rather hard to find, I just went looking for it again and I can't seem to locate it. I think (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) Could someone clarify this point? Where is this information located and to which types of accounts does it apply? I scanned the terms of service at x.com but didn't find this information, just a fee schedule. -- Richard (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) simply (...) Well now that Paypal has established themselves as the #1 payment service in the net with over 3 million users and barely any competition, they can do whatever they want. In the beginning they used to give money away for free just (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) I highly suspect that most surcharges hover around 2% - at least, that's what I'm familiar with in the IT service industry. Not sure if retail gets a different rate. James (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) Considering that credit card transactions cost money this is reasonable. Ask how many stores don't pay fees every time you use a credit card there (this is one reason many merchants have a minimum charge for credit card purchases - though I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

As soon as I got notification I canceled my account. $12 a month is ridiculous, I hope I can still sign up for a paypal account, and not be disqualified because I once had an x.com account. I will use these services as long as they remain free, any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) and (...) transfer (...) priority mail. KL (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

(...) Accounts (...) More like OUCH!!! Here's the fee schedule: ---- Amount of Incoming Payment under $15 $15 to $500 over $500 Credit Card payments 25¢ 1.9% + 25¢ 1.9% + 25¢ Bank Account payments 1.9% 1.9% $9.50 PayPal Balance payments 1.9% 1.9% (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal Changes

In addition to this, X.com now has a $100 average monthly minumum balance. Violators will be charged a $12 (yes, that's correct) monthly account maintenance fee. I'm guessing that in both cases (PayPal and X), people simply aren't keeping the amount (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  PayPal Changes

Has anyone else noticed that PayPal is really starting to push its Premier and Business Accounts? Here are some of the upcoming policy changes: 10/09/2000 No more referral bonuses to personal accounts 10/09/2000 New account holders only get $5 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Well as I said in another thread I would prefer sorting not be purely by # of parts. I have a store and for what I want it for it has been a hugh success but it doesn't have 50,000 (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay

(...) I think Dan closed the barn door (with his statement about not putting special chars into names in order to sort to the top) a horse or two too late. Personally, were I he, I'd go tell a few people they need to change their store name, based (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Paypal down?

(...) Some people, even people who are "of scarey" (sic) "high intelligence" sometimes confuse a service being down with network or DNS problems elsewhere. Not being able to get to a site at all often (not always) is symptomatic of a nameserver (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: BAYLIT - Brickbay

"Tom Heidemann" <taheidem@execpc.com> wrote in message news:G1Ms7p.Aqs@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) I thought about suggesting this myself. I think it would be a great way to promote those people that use the site extensively. Providing a link to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Paypal down?

(...) Maybe it's a temporary thing? I received an auction payment 3 hours ago and I just checked my balance 10 minutes ago... no problem = ) John (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Paypal down?

Why is it that every time I sit down to do my lego business, some service is down? Last time it was brickbay, this time it's paypal. I expect ebay to be down on a friday morning because it's scheduled, so that's not a problem. Does nobody but myself (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  CURRENCY RATE: ADVANTAGE OR PROBLEM ?

Hi Legofans, With his new service, DYA's website updates, several times by day, currency rate between USD and French Francs. Thus, today, 1 USD = 7,70 FRF ! This regular act permits you to notice a regular change in the USD prices which is, for (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Paypal in the Netherlands

According to the dutch newspapers, Paypal will be introduced in the Netherlands within a month! Finally I'll be able to send people money "on the fly" instead of having to wrestle with cash, money orders or Larry's service (which is excellent btw, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Apology (was Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement ))

(...) A smarter man than I suggested it might be (URL) I was thinking of, and that was indeed it. A very nice web-site layout - clear, clean, concise, complete... Hmmm, many more Cs can I come up with? :-) SRC (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact