 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 653
Re: New Ideas for Jambalaya - anyone interested?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:58:52 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

My thinking is that the person with the box only has to follow the one rule
they choose.  At that point in the receive-trade-send cycle, they are just
dealing with the (potential) mess other people have left.  So the current
box-holder shouldn't have to worry about following all the rules.

I'm not sure I follow.  Do you mean for any given piece that is removed
from the box, you must only choose one rule that affects what you do?
What about in the scenario Paul brought up later in the thread?  How
would that be resolved in your idea?

It's the rule-writing that needs to be well-thought-out.

Agreed, but any of us participating need to be on the same page as to
what is appropriate.

You can try to establish rules for rule-writing, but you'd be better off
with 'guidelines'--any hard-and-fast meta-rule is going to be violated
sooner or later.

I agree with this and with your guidelines which I have mostly snipped.

3. Write rules that allow the trader to add value to the box, without
requiring huge value-adds.

Yeah, like trading a 2x2 round brick for a train window.  So should that
just be a guideline - just as you've written it?

Chris