 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 648
Re: New Ideas for Jambalaya - anyone interested?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:33:55 GMT

My thinking is that the person with the box only has to follow the one rule
they choose.  At that point in the receive-trade-send cycle, they are just
dealing with the (potential) mess other people have left.  So the current
box-holder shouldn't have to worry about following all the rules.

It's the rule-writing that needs to be well-thought-out.

You can try to establish rules for rule-writing, but you'd be better off
with 'guidelines'--any hard-and-fast meta-rule is going to be violated
sooner or later.

Some guidelines:

1. Don't write rules which are too general:  "Trade cypress trees for
anything" would be too general.  "Trade cypress trees for anything, using
AucZILLA prices as a guide" would be OK.
2. Don't write rules which are too specific.  Any rule explicitly involving
cypress trees is probably too specific, because they are so rare.
3. Write rules that allow the trader to add value to the box, without
requiring huge value-adds.

Steve

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:21:28 GMT, Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net>