 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 636
Re: New Ideas for Jambalaya - anyone interested?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:51 GMT

WOW, those are great ideas. I'd play the Game box. Suggest that the rule
marked out (and the rule added) be identified with a name.

Christopher Weeks wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently purchased two smallish LEGO collections.  I've also been
thinking about how to push the Jambalaya idea a little.  Some of the
boxes that I could start if there is interest include:

A box full of various plates where people take plates and replace them
with tiles and slopes.  When you get it, you can't take the tiles or
slopes, I get those when it comes back to me.  The idea is to try to use
the Jambalaya process to convert x to y.  It would be interesting to see
if when I got it back, I thought it was a good trade.

A similar box in which I was trading wheels, axles, and related elements
(I have a big variety of these from the past 20+ years) for something
else.  (Clear bricks?  Windows?  Minifigs?  Sharks?)  Ant ideas?

And a 'game' box where there are a list of rules like "If you take out a
frizbit, then you must replace it with barfos" or something and where
after trading with the box - following the rules, you choose one of the
rules, mark it out with a pencil, and write a new rule designed to
improve the box.  Not only would it be interesting to see how trading
worked, but we'd get to see a progression of rule changes.

With my current box that's floating out there, I'll start tracking the
recipients on a web page and I'd do that with these as well.

I'm willing to start these if there is interest.

Christopher L. Weeks

lugnet.