 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1689
Re: International Promo Box status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:42:38 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:31:38 GMT , Frank Filz wrote:

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
OK sorry for all the delays, the box went out friday by regular airmail
to Frank Filz, should take about 2 weeks. And sign me up for a next
round! :-)

This just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately for the chocolate in a couple
of the promos, summer has arrived early in NC. If I decide to take one
of those, I'll take the one which looks the worst (chocolate visibly
smeared over the inside of the box). I'll take a few days to decide what
to trade.

I had the set and don't like chocolate, so I left em in the box... perhaps
not such a good idea after all :-(

Probably no real harm done, and how are you Northerners to realize that
we would have 80-90 degree (Fahrenheit) temps this weekend (and that my
AC would not be doing very well).

Sorry to hear that... I tried only taking out US promo's (the McDonalds
sets) and I know that 4-set series (won't spoil it for the rest) isn't
available in the USA. For me, several of the McDonalds sets were new so I
liked the contents (hey, McDonalds food is so bad I never go there, not
even for the LEGO happy meal :-)

Part of the problem is that I mentally overlooked the various items I
have managed to get, though I think I heard some rumors of the 4 set
series being available in the US. I happened to have a set because Mike
Walsh picked them up for me on a recent trip to Sweden.

Overall though I think it's a good thing that the promo box is losing
it's ability to be appealing. It means that there is much better
distribution of the promo sets.

I know I'll find something to trade, and the box can survive at least a
few hops after me (and some US folks might like the stuff I put in
also).

Frank