 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1688
Re: International Promo Box status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:48:10 GMT

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:31:38 GMT , Frank Filz wrote:

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
OK sorry for all the delays, the box went out friday by regular airmail
to Frank Filz, should take about 2 weeks. And sign me up for a next
round! :-)

This just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately for the chocolate in a couple
of the promos, summer has arrived early in NC. If I decide to take one
of those, I'll take the one which looks the worst (chocolate visibly
smeared over the inside of the box). I'll take a few days to decide what
to trade.

I had the set and don't like chocolate, so I left em in the box... perhaps
not such a good idea after all :-(

On another note, who is next on the list? If there isn't a next person,
I'll bring it to the Baylug meeting in California at the end of the
month.

Unfortunately I have to say that the pickings are somewhat slim. I'm not
sure how well this box will end up working out. It does definitely have
some items not available in the US, but most of it is stuff available
here. Of course now that some of the promo sets are starting to be
available here, without a loop through Japan, it's going to be hard to
have too exciting a promo box.

Sorry to hear that... I tried only taking out US promo's (the McDonalds
sets) and I know that 4-set series (won't spoil it for the rest) isn't
available in the USA. For me, several of the McDonalds sets were new so I
liked the contents (hey, McDonalds food is so bad I never go there, not
even for the LEGO happy meal :-)

You're no. 1 for round 3, haven't seen a complete list for round 3 though.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net
3DGamers simulations editor  | http://www.3dgamers.com