 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1150
Re: Ducks International Box.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:36:18 GMT

Hmm, just had a thought. At one point we tossed around the idea of people
bidding for being the next one to recieve a particular box. This might work
real well here. After a person decides exactly what they are going to take out
and put in, and posts a log entry here, people make offers for what they could
contribute. We then somehow pick which of those people get it. That way, the
box always goes to someone who can use something which is in it, and has
something interesting to a number of people to contribute. It might work a
little better if the person who started the box chose from the bids (this way
someone who doesn't have a lot to contribute can still participate [hey, I've
got 3 red ninja to contribute, and I'd love to get a Paradisa set or something
like that]). Of course the heavy hitters in the game of promo type sets and
the like probably won't be making offers which would totally blow the rest of
us away, it's probably in general much more efficient for them to do those as
direct trades (of course say a Canadian had just stocked up on 2885, they
might decide the best way to get a wide variety of stuff is to basically offer
to trade a bunch of 2885 for one of each thing in the box, this isn't a
problem so long as the box then goes to a sequence of people who would like to
get their hands on a 2885 or two or three).

I think this box idea has some potential, so lets keep tossing ideas, and
seeing who would be able to contribute (like I said, I have McDonalds sets,
and some US versions of Kabaya and other promo type sets, also would be happy
to pick up other things [if K-Mart has some 3051 Blaze Attacks the next time
they have a BOGO 50% off sale, I may have some red Ninja to contribute for
example]).

Frank