 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1147
Re: Ducks International Box.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:47:09 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...

Would the US versions of some of the Kabaya sets be acceptable? Are the
red/white Ninja sets not available over there?

AFAIK no versions of the Kabaya sets have ever been available in the UK, and
I have yet to see a non keychain red/white hooded ninja, so yup, they would
probably be welcomed here.

Anyone who has other rare parts can add them, even if not local;-
   Kabaya promo's
   Maidens hats (any colour)
   etc.

I also don't see any problem with someone contributing something which is
local to another country, though it probably isn't cool for someone in the
UK to stuff the box with US McDonald's promos just before sending it to the
US, but if I just got back from a trip to the UK, and picked up a bunch of
neat stuff, and the box isn't going to the UK for a while, why not pop some
of it in the box?

Again no problem. The idea is essentially to distribute small sets/polybags
to those who would not normally have access to them.

I'd say World Cup sticker sheets would be highly acceptable. Let's keep
catalogs and the like out (they are neat, but are sort of weighty, though • if
the person sending the box onto the next country has a catalog of interest
to the recipient or even perhaps the 2nd recipient in the next country, • that
would probably be fine). Or maybe a limit of one or two catalogs in the box
at a time. Single sheet promotional publications are probably ok. Books • like
"The Gate of the Present" are probably ok also.

Agreed. The weight of bulkier items would only cause unneccessary postage
unless welcomed by a 'soon to be' recipient.

I think this box could be very workable since what you take out of the box
will have significantly more value than the purchase price of the items you
put in, so paying for the postage to the next person won't hurt you. Also,
there is a cost advantage of bundling these small sets for international
shipping (i.e. the per item mailing cost for sending two items per box is
usually much less than for sending one item per box).

Yup, I see the Shell Mini's still sell for ~$10 each, but they are worth
less than $2 to me. Your recent McD's polybags cost you ~$2, and are worth
$5+ to me.

I'd definitely like to sign up for this box (I've got two complete US
McDonalds sets saved away for trades, too bad I just opened most of the • rest
that I have). I also have several US versions of Kabaya sets that I've
picked up for potential trades.

If this doesnt work out, I might have to arrange a trade for some of those!

(Duckie) Dave Till