 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11500
Re: Brickbay Non-Functioning Invoice & Wanted Email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kevin Salm writes:

Overall, I'm still not convinced that these features are working 100% • properly
100% of the time.  I will not open my shop until I am convinced.

I can't prove anything but I'm pretty comfortable with the notion that
Interland, is being spamblocked for being a spam relayer, and doesn't seem
to really care about it or the impact it has on their legitimate customers.
Hence if your ISP uses RBL you won't get mail from Brickbay. Lovely firm, I
can see myself advising my commercial clients to use them and sleeping well
at night... Not.

I have decided to keep my shop open even though it means extra work for me
in that I have to go check for orders manually. Since my orders are
typically high ticket, I get fewer and larger ones than some people do... so
it's not as bad for me as for some others who may have a lot of small ones
to deal with.

YMMV.

I would ask for forebearance from both buyers and sellers, if you think
you're being ignored (in either direction) try pinging the other party • directly.

++Lar

Honestly, I would not mind manually generating invoices.  But it is a
convenience feature that I find useful.

But not having Wanted notices go out is my big hangup.  My shop has a lot of
good, high demand parts and is not heavy on fluff and unwanted pieces. Also, my
prices are low, so I expect many items to move fast when I open my shop.
Additionally, my personal Lego collection needs serious thinning down.  I have
almost 1,000 complete sets in my collection making it difficult to store, sort,
and eventually move to a new home if and when necessary.  I plan to dump the
excess pieces on Brickbay, but am reluctant to add more inventory if no one
will be getting wanted notices.
I guess I don't want my shop to go unnoticed and I certainly do not want to
have to do a lot of flogging in this group or RTL in order to move inventory.

I consider wanted notices to be a vital function right up there with feedback
and discussion groups.  As I said before, BB is the best venue for selling
individual elements; I just want everything to be working properly before I
launch.  If I open my shop today and email functions are restored next week or
next month, no one will get wanted notices for items that are already in the
marketplace.  That would seriously tick me off.

__Kevin Salm__

.