 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11495
Re: Brickbay Non-Functioning Invoice & Wanted Email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:30:47 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Trobaugh writes:
Kevin,

Both of these features seem to have been working fine for me this weekend.
I have recieved numerous "wanted" emails, and used the order invoicing.
What has led you to believe it's not working?

Many (most?) BB users have not been receiving any BB-generated e-mails.
It has been speculated that this is because BB's ISP Interland is blocked
by many more reputable ISP's due to a very lax policy on Interland's part
of responding to SPAM complaints aimed at their users.

I've gotten the impression that Dan is figuring out where to move BB, and
how to move it relatively painlessly.  While there are many-many ISP's out
there, relatively few of them provide the scripting that BB requires, and
those that do, are expensive.  Or so I've gathered.

I've been getting Brickbay mails as always, your comments about the spam
policy therefore seem quite logic (I run my own mailserver, haven't blocked
Interland so far) At least it sounds more plausible than  the machine
having trouble or something.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://artsen.vanree.net
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions    | http://www.vanree.net