 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10695
Re: a thought about brickbay update postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
I certainly notice a surge in orders at my shop after a post here.

I have no doubt that some people read them, and that they result in sales.
Because currently there are a manageable number of them. What would happen if
every brickbay shop and every ebay lego seller posted here? I, for one,
wouldn't come here (lugnet.market, where I'm reading this, not
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, where I never go, anyway) for the non-transaction
oriented posts that are also supposed to appear here.

This is a group structure that was created specifically for
the type of postings being discussed here.  They don't overlap or
interfere with Classic Space discussions or Lego website discussions

But they *do* overlap and interfere with posts to

lugnet.market.appraisal
lugnet.market.jambalaya
lugnet.market.services
lugnet.market.shipping
lugnet.market.shopping
lugnet.market.theory

and they do overlap and interfere with posts that use *this* site for
transactions, as apposed to brickbay or ebay.

You don't want those _types_ of posts to appear or you don't
want posts in the buy-sell-trade group to appear?

If buy/sell/trade/auction posts had their own hierarchy they wouldn't appear in
the top-level lugnet.market group. But then when the transaction-oriented
groups got so full people didn't read them anymore the undisciplined would use
other groups for those posts, just like they do in usenet groups :-)

Amy